Recreation Center Policies
- Current membership, daily guest fee, or enrollment in a program is required to gain access to the recreation center.
- The following activities WILL NOT be tolerated and may be subject to suspension, expulsion and/or criminal prosecution: fighting, foul language, loitering (inside and outside the facility), defrauding membership, disorderly conduct, damaging equipment or property and creating a hostile environment based on race, color, religion, sex (including sexual harassment), national origin or age.
- The Berea Recreation Center is a smoke, drug and alcohol free facility by city ordinance.
- No spitting, chewing tobacco or gum allowed in the facility.
- No pets allowed, except those assisting a person with a disability or if a special program is scheduled.
- Children under 15 years of age will not be permitted in the Recreation Center after 7:30 p.m. unless accompanied by a parent/guardian unless they are participating in an organized recreation program or activity.
- Children under 8 years of age MUST be accompanied by a parent or guardian, unless they are enrolled in an organized program.
- The indoor track is for patrons ages 12 and over, unless accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Weight room and aerobic equipment use is limited to patrons age 15 and over.
- Children 6 years of age and over may not use the locker room of the opposite sex. Please use our family locker room; located across from the women’s locker room entrance.
- Patrons must be at least 15 years of age to use the sauna, steam room, or whirlpool, unless accompanied by a parent or guardian. Please see additional pool rules.
- Public displays of amorous affection are not permitted.
- The Berea Recreation Center is not responsible for lost or stolen articles. Valuables should be left outside the facility. Lockers are available for your use. Your lock must be removed at the end of each day or Recreation staff will remove it.
- Only scuff-resistant shoes are permitted in the activity areas of the facility. Dark-soled athletic shoes, turf shoes, spiked shoes, boots or any other shoe that may mark the floors are prohibited. Muddy or dirty shoes are not permitted. Shoes must be worn at all times while in the facility, except in locker rooms and pool area.
- Eating and drinking is only permitted in designated areas of the facility. No food is permitted on the lower level.
- Changes in the recreation schedule may occur without notice. Current pool schedules are available at the front desk counter.
- Each area of the facility has individual rules for your safety and enjoyment. Please follow these rules.
- The Berea Recreation Center Staff reserves the right to add, change or delete any rules that in our judgment will help to maintain a safe environment.
Program Registration Policies
- Participant(s) must fill out a program registration form, available at the Berea Recreation Center front desk counter, and pay the registration fee to be registered for a program.
- Program fees can be paid by cash or check (made out to "The City of Berea") at the Berea Recreation Center front desk.
- Credit and debit cards are accepted for on-line registrations.
- Program registration is taken on a first come first serve basis. Most programs have a minimum and maximum number of participants so it is important that you register as soon as possible.
- Non-Residents are put on a program waiting list and contacted one week prior to the start of the program to be told if there is space available. There is an additional non-resident fee for the programs.
- NO registrations will be accepted after the registration deadline
Program refunds will only be issued for the following circumstances:
- The Berea Recreation Department has canceled the program.
- Health or medical excuse written by physician. *Participant(s) assume the risk of changes in personal affairs or health.
Memberships are NON-REFUNDABLE
Trained staff members are available during all hours of operation to instruct members on the proper use of weight and aerobic equipment.**Weight room and aerobic equipment are only to be used by patrons 15 and over.
The outdoor pool facility consists of a wading pool that is zero depth to 2 1/2 feet. It contains a water fall mushroom in the shallow end. The large pool is 3 ft. to 5 ft. It has a diving well with one diving board. There is also a slide in the 3 foot end of the pool. We offer lounge chairs and vending machines that provide food and beverages. The outdoor pool is open daily 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Please click on the registration forms link to get a list of specific hours and fees pertaining to the current year schedule.
- Please ask the lifeguard on duty or the pool manager if you have any questions regarding pool rules or procedures.
- The indoor pool hours differ monthly. Please pick up a monthly schedule at the front counter. The pool is 3 feet 6 inches deep in the shallow end, and 7 feet deep in the deep end. The pool temperature is kept at approximately 85 degrees Fahrenheit. A lap lane is available during adult and open swim times. During class times, the pool is available to only those in the class.
- There is a sauna, steam room, and spa (whirlpool) available in the pool area for use by patrons 15 and over, unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. The sauna provides dry heat, and the steam room provides moist heat. The spa (whirlpool) is kept at approximately 104 degrees Fahrenheit. Water barbells, float belts, kick boards, and noodles are available for ADULT exercise use. This equipment is not for children.
Indoor Pool Rules
- Obey the lifeguard at all times.
- Walk on the deck
- NO DIVING
- Two whistle blasts means an emergency-clear the pool immediately.
- 17 years and older in the lap lane.
- No pushing, dunking, rough play or foul language.
- No masks, snorkels, noodles, floats, glass, food/drink, alcohol, gum in the pool area. (Other equipment at discretion of the life guard an duty)
- Children wearing approved flotation must be within an arms length of a parent or legal guardian.
- Rest periods will be called, by the lifeguard, when deemed necessary.
- Patrons are not permitted in the equipment benches. Ask the lifeguard on duty for assistance,
- Patrons are not permitted in the pool area during scheduled classes.
- Children under the age of 15 are not permitted in the spa (whirlpool), sauna, and steam room, unless they are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Children under 8 years of age must be accompanied in the pool area by an adult 18 or older.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear a swim diaper or rubber pants ever a regular diaper.
Patrons not following the pool rules will be asked to leave.
Recreation Center Hours
We are now OPEN on Sundays, 10 am - 5 pm
Monday - Friday
*5:30am - 9:00pm
7:00am - 5:00pm
*Youth under the age of 15 MUST leave the facility by 7:30 p.m. Monday though Thursday during the school year unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
June - August
Monday - Friday
5:30am - 9:00pm
7:00am - 5:00pm
New Years Eve
7:00am - 11:00am
New Years Day
Sunday before Memorial Day
Fourth of July
7:00am - 11:00am
7:00am - 11:00am
ALL hours are subject to change.