2016 Lifeguard Training Course
Become a certified lifeguard through the American Red Cross. Text books and training materials included. This course includes Lifeguarding and CPR/AED for Professional Rescuer and First Aid.
- Minimum age of 15 by course completion. Identification required.
- Swimming Skills: 300 yard continuous swim using front crawl or breaststroke and demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs.
- Timed swim & surface dive: Swim 25 yards, surface dive to a depth of 7-10 feet to a retrieve a 10-pound object, return to the surface and swim 25 yards to starting point. Exit the water.
Failure of the pre-test disqualifies you from taking the course.
- Attend and participate in all class sessions.
- Demonstrate competency in all required skills and activities.
- Demonstrate competency in all required final rescue skill scenarios.
- Pass both the Section 1—CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and First Aid and Section 2—Lifeguarding Skills final written exams with minimum of 80 percent.
Certifications: Lifeguard/First Aid/CPR/AED: 2 years
Class dates and times TBA
Location: Berea Recreation Center
Participants are required to attend all dates and times.