To see the current indoor pool schedule: Click Here
The indoor pool at the Berea Recreation Center is 3 feet 6 inches deep in the shallow end, and 7 feet deep in the deep end. The pool temperature is kept at approximately 85 degrees Fahrenheit. A lap lane is available during adult and open swim times. During class times, the pool is available to only those in the class. There is a sauna, and spa (whirlpool) available in the pool area for use by patrons 15 and over only. The sauna provides dry heat. The spa (whirlpool) is kept at approximately 104 degrees Fahrenheit. Water barbells, float belts, kick boards, and noodles are available for ADULT exercise use. This equipment is not for children.
Please ask the lifeguard on duty or the pool manager if you have any questions regarding pool rules or procedures.
The indoor pool hours differ monthly. Please pick up a monthly schedule at the front counter.
Indoor Pool Rules & Policies
- Obey the lifeguard at all times.
- No running on the deck
- No diving.
- Two whistle blasts are the signal of an emergency. The pool should be cleared immediately.
- 17 years and older in the lap lane.
- No pushing, dunking, rough play, or foul language.
- No masks, snorkels, noodles, floats, glass, food/drink, or gum in the pool area. Other equipment permitted at discretion of the lifeguard on duty.
- Proper swim attire is required. Cut-off jeans, gym shorts, street attire or thong bathing suits are not permitted.
- Children wearing approved flotation devices must be within an arm’s length of a parent or legal guardian.
- Rest periods will be called by the lifeguard, when necessary.
- Patrons are not permitted in the equipment benches. Ask the lifeguard on duty for assistance.
- Patrons are not permitted in the pool area during scheduled classes.
- Children under the age of 15 are not permitted in the spa (whirlpool), sauna, and steam room, unless they are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Children must be 10 years of age or older to be admitted to the pool without a parent or guardian or another adult supervisor.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear a swim diaper.
- Please ask the lifeguard on duty or the pool manager if you have any questions regarding pool rules or procedures.
- Please check the monthly pool schedule (available at the front desk and online) as the schedule varies from month to month. The lap lane is available during adult and open swim, however, during a class, the pool is only available to those attending the class.
Patrons not following the pool rules will be asked to leave.